X-Authentication-Warning: minyos.its.rmit.EDU.AU: major set sender to owner-cause97 using -f
From: Tempting Tear-outs <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Organization: Way Communications
X-Priority: 1 (Highest)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 07:38:35 -1812
Subject: ===>> FREE 1 yr USA Magazine Sub sent worldwide-270+ Choices! Up to $64.00 value!
FOR MORE INFO: please "cut out" the below form on the "cut" lines shown, and fax it, for the fastest reply to: 718-227-9125 (this is a fax # in the USA)or send via smail (first class mail or airmail) to:
Att. Free-catalogue-by-email Dept
3835 Richmond Ave. Suite #200
Staten Island NY 10312-3828
SORRY, BUT.... our software is not set up to accept forms via return email; WE CAN ONLY acknowledge forms sent in via fax or smail.
--> IMPORTANT complete directions, to ensure that you get a reply, and more info follow, below the reply form and the catalogue options.
Internet email address:
Smail home address:
Work Tel. #:
Work Fax #:
Home Tel. #:
Home Fax #:
How did you hear about us (name of person/company who referred you or the area ofthe internet that you saw us mentioned in): Referral by: Tempting Tear-Outs 011897-l
Name of USA mags you currently get on the newsstand or in the store:
Name of USA mags you currently get on a subscription basis, through the mail:
Name of USA mags you would like price quotes on when we call you:
Catalogue version desired (list number of choice below):
CATALOGUE VERSION CHOICES:
1. This version can be read by everyone, no matter what type of computer you use, or what type of software you use. It is a simple format, with just our entire catalogue pasted into the body of a single email message, 316K in size. If you use pine or elm on a unix system or an advanced software version such as Eudora Pro 3.0 or later, you will most likely receive it as a single email message. However, if your software limits incoming email messages to a certain size, say 32K or so, then your software will split it into multiple email message parts. Whether you receive it as a single email message or multiple part email messages, you can easily paste it into one whole text document with your word processor, in about 10 minutes or so.
2. For more advanced computer users: attached text file ~316K - you must know how to download an attached text file and then be able to open it with your word processor. If in doubt, don't ask for this version. This isn't for internet *newbies.* Better to order option 1 and spend a few minutes pasting them into one whole text document with your word processor, than to waste hours trying to figure how to deal with this option. This version is great for doing word searches and jumping around within the catalogue with your word processing software, if your normal email reading software doesn't allow this.
3. For more advanced Macintosh computer users: compressed attached text file, created with a Stuffit(tm) self-extracting archive (.sea), ~140K. Can be decompressed by any Macintosh computer user; no special expansion software or knowledge of Stuffit (tm) needed. You just double-click on the file icon and it automatically expands (unstuffs). This is for more advanced mac computer users only, as you still have to know how to deal with an attached file. It will cut your download time by 55%. Expands out to the same ~316K file in option #2. See option #2 for more info on what you will need to be able to do.
4. For expert mac or pc computer users: compressed attached text file, created with Stuffit(tm), ~116K. Can be decompressed by any computer user who has expansion software to decompress (expand) Stuffit(tm) (.sit) files. This is for more advanced computer users only and will cut your download time by 63%. Expands out to the same ~316K file in option#2. See option #2 for more info on what you will need to be able to do.
5. For expert pc or mac computer users: compressed attached text file, in a .zip file format, ~143K. Can be decompressed by any computer user who has expansion software to decompress (expand) .zip files. This is for more advanced computer users only and will cut your download time by 54%. Expands out to the same ~316K file in option#2. See option #2 for more info on what you will need to be able to do.
VERY IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS TO ENSURE THAT YOU GET A REPLY:
1. you must call from an "unblocked number," ie. one that is not blocked from caller id. We are very sorry for this requirement, but our fax software requires this before it allows an incoming fax call to connect. If you have a blocked number, you must first unblock it. In most cases this means dialing *82 from a touch-tone phone (or 1182 from a rotary phone) before you dial 1-718-227-9125. NOTE: If you are not sure if your number is blocked, just try dialing our fax # normally. If you don't get a recording telling you your number is blocked, your number has been transmitted and you may press the start button on your fax when you hear the fax tone from our fax.
2. no reply forms can be accepted by email....only via fax or smail.
3. your form must be typewritten or printed out on your computer printer before you fax it; ie. no handwritten forms can be accepted.
4. faxes with cover pages will be rejected. You must send *only* the reply form.
5. forms not *completely* filled in will not be acknowledged.
6. you will receive a reply within 1 business day directly from the company making the offer via email. Therefore you must have an email address. If you read this message, then you must have an email address, or access to one, at least. :-)
7. your fax must not exceed 1 page in length. Faxes of 2 or more pages will be sensed, then auto-terminated and deleted. Your fax goes directly onto our 5.0 gigabyte hard drive and we must limit all incoming faxes to 1 page.
8. all faxes must begin with:
and must end with:
9. Any fax not conforming to this format will be sensed by our software, then auto-terminated and deleted from the hard drive, before any human ever gets to see it.
10. If this all seems too complicated for faxing, just do it the old fashioned way via smail!!!
WHO WE ARE:
Tempting Tear-Outs is an advertising company that brings potential new customers to the companies they advertise for.
MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY MAKING THE FREE OFFER:
The company making the offer is a magazine subscription agency based in the USA. They have over 1,500 popular USA titles available to be shipped to *any* country, including of course, to anywhere in the USA! They offer a FREE 1 yr. subscription to your choice of over 270 of the titles in their catalogue to any new customer using them for the first time. The dollar value of the freebies, based on the subscription prices directly from the publishers, ranges from $6.97 all the way up to $50.00!
For new customers in the USA, there is no charge for FPH (foreign postage & handling), so the freebie is 100% free! For new customers living overseas, the only charge on the freebie would be for the FPH (foreign postage & handling).
Their president has been in the magazine subscription business since 1973 and they are very customer-service oriented. They will even help you with address changes on your magazines, even if you move from one country to another country. They have thousands of happy customers in over 59 countries.
Their price guarantee is very simple: they guarantee that their subscription prices are the lowest available and they will BEAT any legitimate, verifiable offer before you pay them or match it afterwards, by refunding you the difference in price PLUS the cost of the postage stamp you would use sending in the special offer to them, even 6 months after you pay them, as long as it was current at the time of your offer. Does that sound fair? Wouldn't it be great if everything you bought came with that price guarantee?
Sometimes they are less than half of the next best deal out there, sometimes just a little cheaper, but always you get the lowest rates without having to shop around. With 1,500 titles on their list, they would like to think that they have also the best selection around!
Within the USA, for their USA customers, they are cheaper than all their competitors and even the publishers themselves. This is their price guarantee. The 1 yr. freebie that you get with your first order is completely free!
Overseas, (even after you factor in the cost of the FPH (foreign postage & handling) and the conversion from USA Dollars to your currency), on the average, they are generally around one-fourth to one-half of what the newsstands overseas charge locally for USA magazines. On some titles they are as little as one-tenth of what the newsstands charge. They are also the cheapest subscription source for delivery overseas, including directly from the publishers themselves! Some publishers don't even offer subscriptions overseas.........but overseas subscriptions are this company's specialty! They feel that magazines should not be a luxury overseas. In the USA, people buy magazines and then toss them after reading them for just a few minutes or hours. They are so cheap in the USA! Well, this company would like to make it the same way for their overseas members. They are also cheaper than all their competitors in the USA and overseas, including the publishers themselves! It is also *highly unlikely* you will find any of their USA competitors calling you overseas, in order to offer that personal touch, just to sell you a couple of magazines! But that is what this company specializes in and loves doing! Around one-half their business comes from overseas, so they are very patient with new members who only speak limited English as a 2nd language. Subscription prices quoted for overseas consist of the subscription price, plus the FPH. You add the two together and that is your total cost. The exception is the 1 yr. freebie you get with your first order. On that title, you pay *only* the FPH for the 1 yr. term.
Their prices are so cheap because when you deal with them, you cut-out all the middlemen.
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN GET MORE INFO AND GET STARTED WITH THEM:
Simply fax or smail back to us the reply form listed at the top of this message. We will then forward your form on to the subscription agency. They will then email their "big and juicy" catalogue to you, in whichever of the four formats you chose. The catalogue is FREE and makes for hours of fascinating reading, on its own. It includes the complete list of freebies, a complete list of all the titles they sell, as well as detailed descriptions on most of the titles, along with lists of titles by category of interest and their terms of sale.
They will then give you a friendly, no-pressure, no obligation, 5-minute call to go over how they work and to answer any questions that you might have, as well as give you up-to-the minute price quotes on any titles you might be considering. They will call you in whatever country you live in, taking the time difference into account. As they like to emphasize the personal touch they give to each new customer, all first-time orders can only be done via phone, so they can answer all your questions completely and personally. Once you have placed your first order via phone, you will be able to place future orders and make inquiries on your account, get price quotes, etc., all via email, if that is most convenient for you.
Within the USA, they accept payment via check over the phone, Mastercard, Visa and American Express. Overseas, they accept Mastercard, Visa and American Express, even if your credit card is a local one in local currency!
That's our introduction of our client that we represent. We hope that we have piqued your interest and that you will take the next step to get their free catalogue! Thank you for your time and interest.
For more info on advertising rates, please write us on your company letterhead, w/business card, via smail to: Tempting Tear-Outs, 3835 Richmond Ave. Suite #200, Staten Island NY 10312-3828, USA.
Go to Roger's Home Page.
Go to the contents-page for this segment.
Send an email to Roger
Created: 25 January 1997
Last Amended: 25 January 1997
|These community service pages are a joint offering of the Australian National University (which provides the infrastructure), and Roger Clarke (who provides the content).|
| The Australian National University|
Visiting Fellow, Faculty of
Engineering and Information Technology,
Information Sciences Building Room 211
|Xamax Consultancy Pty
Ltd, ACN: 002 360 456|
78 Sidaway St
Chapman ACT 2611 AUSTRALIA
Tel: +61 6 288 6916 Fax: +61 6 288 1472