The Maxey and Upper Upper Wagstaff Line
This page is part of Irene Gladys Whiteman's web-site.
It contains the Maxey line and the uppermost segment of the Wagstaff family-tree.
Caroline Wagstaff (1820-1893) was Rene's Great-Grandmother. She married a Whiteman
and bore Rene's Grandfather Henry William Whiteman.
- Thomas MAXEY, b. c. 1575
m. ? ?
- William Maxey, chr. 28 Sep 1599, Bletsoe (5 miles north of Bedford)
- Rachel Maxey, chr. 5 Apr 1601, Bletsoe
- Bathsheeba Maxey, chr. 14 Aug 1603, Bletsoe
- John Maxey, chr. 9 May 1613, Bletsoe
m. ? Joan Edwards
- Elizabeth Maxey, chr. 10 Feb 1639, Bletsoe
- John Maxey, chr. 26 Sep 1640, Bletsoe
m. Elizabeth ?
(6 children, fathered from 41 to 58 years of age?)
- John Maxey, chr. 5 Apr 1680, Bletsoe
- James Maxey, chr. 5 Apr 1682, Bletsoe
- Thomas Maxey, chr. 20 Apr 1684, Bletsoe
- William Maxey, chr. 3 Dec 1689, Bletsoe
- Samuel Maxey, chr. 11 Sep 1693, Bletsoe
m. Mary ?
- Judith Maxey, chr. 27 Sep 1725, Bolnhurst (5 miles E of
m. Richard WAGSTAFF
- Richard Wagstaff, chr. 10 Jul 1747, Bolnhurst
m. 10 Oct 1776, Wilstead (4 miles S of Bedford)
m. Elizabeth BLICK, Wilstead
- Samuel Maxey Wagstaff, chr. 8 Apr 1776, Keysoe (2
miles N of Bolnhurst)
d. 1860 Houghton Conquest (5 miles S of Bedford)
m. 8 Feb 1812, Wilstead
m. Susannah WALLIS, chr. 9 Nov 1778, Wilstead
d. 1828, Wilstead
DOWN TO THE UPPER
- Mary Wagstaff, chr. 30 Jun 1751, Wilden (3 miles S of
- Elizabeth Maxey, chr. 8 May 1727, Bolnhurst
- Samuel Maxey, chr. 4 Feb 1729, Bolnhurst
- Mary Maxey, chr. 29 Sep 1734, Bolnhurst
- Sarah Maxey, chr. 21 Dec 1736, Bolnhurst
- Keziah Maxey, chr. 188 Nov 1740, Bolnhurst
- Michael Maxey, chr. 23 Dec 1697, Bletsoe
- Thomas Maxey, chr. 14 Jun 1614, Bletsoe
- Michel Maxey, chr. 3 Sep 1615, Bletsoe
- Mary Maxey, chr. 25 Jul 1619, Bletsoe
This page is entirely from the tree sent to me by Jane Gravelle of Nazeing
Essex in December 2006. She says "the pre 1800 tree is speculative
at this stage, having been gathered only from the Mormons free IGI".
One day one of us may work up the energy to purchase the Bedfordshire Parish
Registers back to the 1500s on microfiche from the
Bedfordshire Family History Society or in hard copy from the
This a page within Roger
Clarke's Family Web-Site
Contact: Roger Clarke
Created: 28 January 2008; Last Amended: 4 February 2008