This section of the website contains background information on copyright which may be helpful to you in understanding the areas of law that the AEShareNet licensing system participates in. Our business is to help you obtain licenses for copyright materials, thus an understanding of copyright is important. The following documents describe:
- The purpose of copyright licensing - why do people and/or organisations make materials copyright.
- An Australian copyright law overview - what does copyright law apply to, and rights does it provide.
- A moral rights overview - which discusses the moral rights aspect of copyright.
For people who need to publish materials, the following documents are helpful for you to understand how and why AEShareNet's licences should be applied.
- Some problems with conventional licensing - why the AEShareNet licences are a useful mechanism for copyright owners to apply to their materials.
- Some common licensing mistakes - which discusses the mistakes people often make when creating licenses.
- A copyright licensing checklist - which lists a set of things to consider when choosing an appropriate copyright licence for your material.