AEShareNet-P - the Preserve Integrity instant licence
For Preserving Integrity. Material with AEShareNet-P Licence Mark may be freely used, copied and distributed - in original form only. Suited to Material which derives value from completeness or consistent form, eg, policy documents, research reports, speeches, curriculum documents and training packages.
On this page:
- What can I do with material bearing the Preserve Integrity mark?
- How does a licence arise?
- Can the licence conditions be varied?
- Legal notice
- More information
What can I do with material bearing the Preserve Integrity mark?
You may use, copy and/or re-distribute any material covered by an AEShareNet-P licence.
The term ‘use’ means read, view, play, perform,
operate and/or execute the material (depending on its nature and format).
There is no limit on the number of copies that can be made. You may copy part or all of the material.
You may not develop an enhanced version of the material. (An ‘enhanced’ version involves blending of substantial new material with the original material so as to give rise to a new layer of copyright.)
You may exercise your licence rights only within limits inherent in the version of the material legitimately acquired by you. You may not circumvent a technological protection measure. You may not deal with the material or associated metadata in a manner:
- that might mislead or deceive any person; or
- that infringes the author’s Moral Rights.
The term ‘metadata’ means information about the licensed material that is applied within, on or in relation to the material.
You should retain any copyright information or other metadata (including the Preserve Integrity mark) on any copies that you make, in accordance with the rules of the AEShareNet-P Licence Protocol.
You may distribute or communicate copies of the licensed material to third parties, substantially in its original form. You are entitled to charge a commercial fee for this.
You may not assign or sub-license any of your rights under the licence.
How does a licence arise?
You do not need to do anything to formalise an AEShareNet-P licence. The licence arises automatically if:
- the copyright owner has applied the Preserve Integrity mark within, on or in relation to a copy of the material (‘the source copy’);
- you hold a copy directly or indirectly derived from the source copy, on which the Preserve Integrity mark is retained; and
- you obtained that copy by legitimate means (eg, without hacking into a restricted file server).
Can the licence conditions be varied?
The copyright owner may add additional (more restrictive) conditions of the licence by inclusion in the metadata. You must comply with any added conditions restricting the usual scope of the licence stated above.
It is your responsibility to confirm that the Preserve Integrity mark was applied by the copyright owner. We do not warrant that all materials which might bear the mark do so with the authority of the owner. If you identify any wrongful application of the mark please report it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
is a trade mark of TVET Australia Limited (TVET) ABN 99 062 758 632. The AEShareNet licensing system is a streamlined copyright management framework established by government and managed by TVET on a non-profit basis for the education sector.
TVET does not determine the materials to which the mark is applied, and gives no warranty of any sort regarding those materials.
This document is an abridged explanation of the AEShareNet-P licence rules.
For more information on AEShareNet-P: The authoritative legal documents which define the AEShareNet-P licence are
- the AEShareNet-P Licence Protocol (version 4), read together with
- the Licence Glossary and Explanation (version 2).
For information on changes to the Preserve Integrity licence: see Versions of AEShareNet Licences.
For owners of materials:
- Benefits of AEShareNet licences for copyright owners assists owners to choose a licence for their materials.
- To apply the Preserve Integrity mark to materials you own see Applying AEShareNet marks.